Workplace laws for business advisers
Secure Jobs, Better Pay: changes to unpaid parental leave and flexible working arrangements
From 6 June 2023 changes to unpaid parental leave and flexible working arrangements apply. These changes may impact the information in this resource / on this page.
Find out more at Secure Jobs, Better Pay: Changes to Australian Workplace Laws.
As a business adviser (for example: accountant, bookkeeper, payroll specialist or workplace consultant) you don't need to be an expert in workplace relations to add value for your clients – but you do need to be aware of the common issues and know where to find the right information.
This course will help you:
- give clients the right advice on pay, record-keeping and other common workplace issues
- locate free online resources for you and your clients
- identify and discuss problems with clients
- assist clients in responding to an audit or investigation
- manage your own risk and liability.