We are committed to providing advice that you can rely on.
The information on this website is general in nature. If you’re unsure about how it applies to your situation you can call us on 13 13 94 or speak with a union, industry association or workplace relations professional.
Visitors are warned that this site may inadvertently have names or pictures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have recently died.
On this page you’ll find information about:
Links to external websites
We link to external sites for your convenience. We are selective about which external sites we link to, but we don’t endorse external sites including any material at those sites, or any related organisations, product or service. When following links to other websites, we encourage you to examine the copyright, privacy and disclaimer notices on those websites.
Back to top
We use a range of security controls to protect our website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that:
- gives rise to a potential risk that a user’s transactions are being watched, captured or changed by third parties or
- that files the user downloads may have computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
The Commonwealth Government accepts no liability for any interference or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this web site or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer system, software or data. Where connection to system or website outside our control compromises our website, we will sever links to that website or system.
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of our site by contacting us on 13 13 94.
Back to top
Increasing your safety online
To protect your computer you should:
- install and activate security software on your computer
- ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter
- run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- only download files from reputable Internet sites
- be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources
- protecting your password:
- never share your password with anyone
- never send your password via email
- make your password as strong as possible.
Further information about online protection is provided by the
Australian Government at Stay Smart Online
Back to top
My account terms and conditions
By registering for a Fair Work Ombudsman account with My account, you agree to the terms and conditions below and any other terms, conditions and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on www.fairwork.gov.au.
- The information that you have provided through My account membership is true and correct.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify us of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
- If you agree to receive news and information as part of your registration, we will periodically contact you with relevant information. Please read our Privacy statements.
- We may at any time terminate your My account membership without prior notice to you if for any reason we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
- By becoming a My account member you acknowledge that any content saved on your account may be monitored by us. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or delete any content saved on a member’s account for any reason that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
Back to top
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 2840