Learn about the information on our website and our My account terms and conditions, and find out how to keep yourself safe online.
On this page:
We are committed to providing advice that you can rely on as set out in our Customer service charter.
We update our information regularly and take care to ensure that it is accurate and incorporates changes to information such as minimum employee entitlements in awards and under the National Employment Standards as soon as they come into effect.
Although we take care to make changes as soon as they come into effect, there may be a delay between when a change takes effect and when the information on our website is updated.
This means that despite the level of care we take, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of the information available on this website.
When considering information about awards that is available on our website, you should also have regard to the relevant award at our Awards page. If our information is inconsistent with the award, then the award applies.
The information on this website is general in nature. How it applies to you will depend on your personal situation. You can contact us to discuss this. Alternatively, you may wish to get independent advice from a union, employer association, workplace relations professional or lawyer.
To receive alerts and updates on topics relevant to you, including significant changes to wages and conditions, subscribe to email updates.
Visitors are warned that this website may inadvertently include names or pictures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have recently died.
We link to external websites for your convenience. We are selective about which external sites we link to, but we do not control or endorse those sites and we are in no way responsible for external sites, including in respect to the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material at those sites, or any related organisations, products or services. If you're following links to other websites, we would also encourage you to examine the copyright, privacy and disclaimer notices on those websites.
We use a range of security controls to protect our website from unauthorised access. Our information, communication and technology security practices and procedures are guided by whole-of-government standards and guidelines including the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF). We will disable, block and take any other action we consider appropriate in response to attempts to compromise our systems.
The Commonwealth Government accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s devices, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. We encourage you to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that anything you select from this website is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage your device, software or data.
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of our website by contacting us on 13 13 94.
Protecting your device
To help protect your device you should:
- install and activate security software on your device. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filters
- run regular scans of your device for viruses
- remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version
- check your internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- only download files from reputable websites.
Protecting your password
Some websites administered by us may require you to use a password. You should:
- never share your password with anyone
- never send your password via email
- make your password as strong as possible.
Find more information about protecting yourself online at:
By registering for a Fair Work Ombudsman account with My account, you agree to the terms and conditions below and any other terms, conditions and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on www.fairwork.gov.au.
- The information that you provide through your My account membership is accurate and complete at the time of your enquiry.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify us of any breach of security or unauthorised access to, use of or activity on your account.
- If you agree to receive news and information as part of your registration, we will periodically contact you with relevant information. Please read our Privacy statement.
- By becoming a My account member you acknowledge that any content saved on your account may be monitored by us. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or delete any content saved on a member’s account for any reason that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
- We may at any time terminate your My account membership without prior notice to you if for any reason we, in our sole discretion, deem it appropriate.