Enterprise agreements and other registered agreements set out minimum employment conditions.
On this page:
Enterprise agreements and other registered agreements can apply to:
- one business
- a group of businesses, or
- an individual employee (but these types of agreements can’t be made anymore).
When a workplace has a registered agreement, the award doesn’t apply. However:
- the base pay rate in the registered agreement can’t be less than the base pay rate in the award
- the National Employment Standards still apply
- any terms about outworkers in the award still apply.
Registered agreements apply until they are terminated or replaced.
You can find enterprise agreements and other registered agreements on Fair Work Commission website – Find an agreement .
The Fair Work Commission also provides information on:
- how to make an enterprise agreement
- who can make an enterprise agreement
- what an enterprise agreement can include
- the benefits of having an enterprise agreement.
The Fair Work Commission can also provide help for employers and employees with enterprise bargaining with their New Approaches: Cooperative Workplaces program. Find out more about New Approaches at Fair Work Commission – Cooperative Workplaces program .