Changes to casual employment – industrial relations reforms
On 26 March 2021, sections of the Fair Work Act relating to casual employees were amended.
The Amendment Act introduces a:
- Casual Employment Information Statement
- definition of casual employment
- pathway for casual employees to move to full-time or part-time (permanent) employment.
We’re reviewing the information in this online course.
For information on the changes, visit Changes to casual employment – industrial relations reforms.
This course provides general guidance on hiring a new employee.
The course will help you to:
- understand the steps in the hiring process
- decide if hiring a new employee is the best option for you
- understand employee entitlements and your obligations
- attract the best applicants and conduct interviews
- select the most suitable candidate and make them an offer of employment
- induct employees, develop their skills and hold onto strong performers
- locate downloadable resources, templates and links to further information.