Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
If your workplace has been impacted by coronavirus, we have information about your workplace rights and obligations at Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws.
A number of temporary changes have been introduced due to coronavirus including:
- JobKeeper – changes to the Fair Work Act to support the JobKeeper wage subsidy scheme
- temporary award changes – allowing for temporary workplace flexibility in some awards
- pandemic leave – unpaid and paid pandemic leave (including worker and disaster payments) during coronavirus.
These changes may affect the information on this page.
The information in this course was updated on 7 October 2019 to include information about Family & Domestic Violence leave under the National Employment Standards.
If you completed the course as a registered user before 7 October, and try to access it again, you will open an out of date version of the course. To access the updated version, you can:
- contact us at OnlineLearning@fwo.gov.au and we will reset your progress so that you can access the updated course, or
- access the course as a guest to ensure that you are viewing the updated version.
Find out more about the Family & Domestic Violence leave under the National Employment Standards in our Family & Domestic Violence leave section.
Workplace flexibility allows employers and employees to make arrangements that suit them. This helps employees maintain their work/life balance and can improve business productivity and efficiency.
This course will show you how to make flexibility work for your business.
- information on how flexibility can benefit your business
- ideas about types of flexibility that may suit you and your employees
- tips and guidance on how to promote, implement and manage flexibility in your workplace
- details about your legal obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009
- interactive scenarios to help you deal with flexibility requests.
Start the course now
Before you start, we recommend logging in or registering as you can:
Login or register first
Start the course as a guest
- save or print a completion certificate at the end of the course
- save your progress, pause and resume the course later
- get emails about new courses you might be interested in.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 8419