Starting a new job
The information in this course was updated on 7 October 2019 due to the decision handed down by the Full Federal Court about the method of accruing and taking sick and carer’s leave under the Fair Work Act 2009.
If you completed the course as a registered user before 7 October and try to access it again, you will open an out of date version of the course. To access the updated version, you can:
- contact us at OnlineLearning@fwo.gov.au and we will reset your progress so that you can access the updated course, or
- access the course as a guest to ensure that you are viewing the updated version.
Find out more about the Full Federal Court decision or visit our sick and carer's leave section for more information about accruing and taking sick and carer’s leave under the Fair Work Act 2009.
This course provides general guidance about starting a new job.
It will help you understand:
- what your rights are
- what questions to ask
- the types of behaviour expected in the workplace.
There’s also information to help parents, teachers, friends and career advisers assist young people to start work in a confident and positive way.
Resources to download:
Start the course now
Before you start, we recommend logging in or registering as you can:
Login or register first
Start the course as a guest
- save or print a completion certificate at the end of the course
- save your progress, pause and resume the course later
- get emails about new courses you might be interested in.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 8424