Due to the impacts coronavirus is having on the community, a number of unions and employer associations are applying to the Fair Work Commission to increase award flexibility.
This may affect the information about entitlements on both this page and in the resources found on this page.
For a list of determinations and to see if your award is affected go to Temporary changes to workplace laws during coronavirus.
This course provides general guidance on hiring a new employee.
The course will help you to:
- understand the steps in the hiring process
- decide if hiring a new employee is the best option for you
- understand employee entitlements and your obligations
- attract the best applicants and conduct interviews
- select the most suitable candidate and make them an offer of employment
- induct employees, develop their skills and hold onto strong performers
- locate downloadable resources, templates and links to further information.
Resources to download:
Start the course now
Before you start, we recommend logging in or registering as you can:
Login or register first
Start the course as a guest
- save or print a completion certificate at the end of the course
- save your progress, pause and resume the course later
- get emails about new courses you might be interested in.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 8422