Glossary & Acronyms

Filter results by letter
A (12) B (5) C (19) D (5) E (10) F (12) G (3) H (1) I (8) J (1) L (6) M (6) N (6) O (5) P (20) R (13) S (19) T (6) U (4) V (5) W (2) Z (1)

Marine tourism

Wage related allowances in the Marine Tourism Award

The Marine Tourism Award has two wage-related allowances, the Marine Engine Driver (MED) Certificate allowance and the outer reef work allowance. Use our Pay and Conditions Tool to calculate the amounts of these allowances.

MED Certificate allowance

If an employee who isn't employed as a MED is required to have a MED certificate II or III, they get an allowance. The MED Certificate allowance is paid for each day they’re on a voyage, charter or tour.

Give us feedback on this article

Use our Feedback form to give us feedback about the information in this article.

If you have a question about pay or entitlements or need our help with a workplace issue, you can submit an online enquiry.