You can send us an online enquiry through My account at any time. If you don’t have an account, it won’t take long to set one up.
On this page:
Check what you can do right now to save time before you contact us. In most cases, you’ll find the answer to your question on our website or by using one of our free online tools.
Our Advisers also use this website and our online tools to answer your questions, so you can save time by checking online first.
This can include using our free and simple self-help tools for:
- pay rates – use our Pay and Conditions Tool (also used by our staff) to find pay rates, leave, notice and redundancy entitlements
- workplace problems – access our step-by-step practical guides to easily deal with your workplace issue, like an underpayment or problem at work
- awards – check your award coverage using our Find my award tool or get a copy of your award and check the rules at List of awards
- COVID-19 related workplace issues – read our helpful and practical information about taking leave, testing and vaccinations on our dedicated coronavirus website
- check our website for information about your question – see What we help with
- technical workplace questions – search our Library if you're familiar with workplace relations and need more technical information.
Using one of these tools or resources will usually give you an answer straight away.
Before you submit an enquiry, it’s important to understand what we can and can’t help with.
There are some workplace issues we can’t help with. Check what issues we can’t help with at Contact us.
If we can’t help you with your enquiry, we may provide you the contact details of another agency who might be able to assist.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, ask us directly by making an online enquiry in My account.
If you already have an account, go to the enquiry form now. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to register for one, then select 'My enquiries' to submit an enquiry.
To find out more about the benefits of having a My account and what information you’ll need to register, read our frequently asked questions about My account.
Once you submit your enquiry, we'll review it and provide you with a response as soon as we can, usually within 5 business days. If you need an answer quickly or your situation is complex it may be best to contact us by phone, read more on our Call us page.
Get your information ready before submitting an enquiry
Submitting an online enquiry takes around 10 – 15 minutes. You’ll need to provide some information about your situation so we can give you tailored advice. To find out what information you’ll need, check our frequently asked questions about My account.
If we require additional information to provide an answer to your enquiry we may contact you via phone during business hours.
If you don’t want to provide your details in My account, you can still make an anonymous report. We won’t contact you in response to a tip-off made through our anonymous report tool.
Anonymous reports can help us identify workplaces that aren’t doing the right thing. Reports can be made in English or other languages.
Find out more about anonymous reports.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Read our My account Privacy Notice for more information.