Junior pay rates
The Fair Work Commission has announced a 3.3% increase to minimum wages. The increase applies from 1 July 2017. Subscribe to email updates and we'll let you know when the new rates are available in our pay tools.
You can find out more about the decision on the Fair Work Commission's website .
A junior is an employee under 21 years of age. Use our Pay Calculator to calculate junior pay rates.
Juniors get paid a percentage of the relevant adult pay rate unless:
- the award, enterprise agreement or other registered agreement doesn't have junior rates, or
- they have completed an apprenticeship and are trade qualified.
Find information about junior pay rates in your award by selecting from the list below.
- Building, construction and on-site trades
- Contract cleaning services
- Hair and beauty
- Health support services
- Real estate
- Road Transport
- Social, community, disability and home care services
- Storage services and wholesale
- Don't know
Think a mistake might have been made?
Mistakes can happen. The best way to fix them usually starts with talking.
Check out our Help resolving workplace issues section for practical advice on:
- figuring out if a mistake has been made
- talking to your employer or employee about fixing it
- getting help from us if you can't resolve it.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 1653