Our purpose is to promote harmonious, productive, cooperative and compliant workplace relations in Australia.
Our functions outline the responsibilities we have as set by the Fair Work Act 2009 to achieve our purpose:
- Provide education, assistance, advice and guidance to employers, employees, outworkers, outworker entities and organisations.
- Promote and monitor compliance with workplace laws.
- Inquire into and investigate breaches of the Fair Work Act.
- Take appropriate enforcement action.
- Perform our statutory functions efficiently, effectively, economically and ethically.
Download a copy of the FWO Purpose (PDF 84.9KB).
You can find more information about our role, and the work we do, on the Our role page.
We have a number of policies, guides and plans which support how we work towards achieving our purpose and functions:
Additional supporting policies that inform the work we do are available on Our policies page.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 5608