Frequently asked questions about My account
My account is our online portal that helps you get the workplace help and advice you need.
This page has answers to frequently asked questions about My account.
Got the answers you need? Go to the Register page.
On this page:
With My account, you can:
- create an online enquiry and ask for our help with a workplace issue
- save personalised pay, shift, leave, and notice and redundancy results and calculations from our Pay and Conditions Tool
- keep up to date with industry and award changes.
You can use My account to submit an online enquiry that will be answered by one of our helpful advisers. Online enquiries are suitable for:
- confirming your understanding of information found on our website
- general information about workplace laws, minimum entitlements, and employment conditions
- providing resources in the form of guides, templates and links that may assist you with your enquiry.
Below are some examples of online enquiries to help you when submitting your own online enquiry.
Example: Sarah and her final pay
I read on your website that employers need to pay any outstanding wages upon termination. Does this include accrued annual leave?
Example: Simon and his workplace concerns
I’m having some issues with my employer paying me. I'm looking for some resources and guidance, so I can try and sort it out myself. Can you help me out?
There are some things we can’t help with such as:
- tax or superannuation
- bullying, sexual harassment and discrimination at work
- workplace health and safety
- unfair dismissal
- employment separation certificates.
You can find more information on who to contact for help with these issues on our Contact us page.
Find out more about what we can and can’t help with at Contact us.
For information about what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you, read Our commitment to you.
You’ll receive a written response to your enquiry within 10 business days.
If your enquiry is complex, we’ll need to ask you to contact our Infoline instead.
In some circumstances, we may call you for more information. This call will come from an unknown number. If we’re unable to reach you, we’ll ask you to call our Infoline.
For a quick, tailored response to your question, call us on 13 13 94. Our advisers are helpful and trained to provide you with information customised to your specific situation.
By registering for My account and giving us specific information about your workplace as part of the registration process, you help us provide you with relevant information. Every job and workplace is different, which means this information is important for us to give you accurate advice. You can access a record of your enquiry at any time.
The information you provide is secure and confidential, and our replies can be referred to later if needed.
Rules about pay and conditions are different for each workplace and each job.
You must make sure the information that you provide through your My account is accurate and complete. The information we give you is based on the details you give us. Incomplete or inaccurate details may result in you getting information from us that isn’t appropriate or relevant to your circumstances.
Submitting an online enquiry takes most people around 5-10 minutes.
To submit an enquiry, you’ll need to have the following information available:
- business name
- Australian Business Number (ABN) – we'll help you find the ABN if you don't know it
- business address and phone number.
- name of the enterprise agreement, if any, that covers the employee
- employee's occupation and main duties
- employee's start and end date (if no longer employed)
- employee's pay rate.
You don't need to send us any paperwork when you submit your enquiry. If we need evidence (for example, pay slips, time sheets and contracts) we'll ask you to send them to us later.
When creating a My account profile and submitting an enquiry to us, you’ll need to verify the ABN and business name details. Without this information you won’t be able to proceed.
In rare instances, you may receive an error message that the ‘business name does not match with ABN’.
If this occurs, you should follow these steps:
- Visit ABN Lookup
- Search for the business using the ABN
- Check that the business name entered in your My account is identical to the ABN Lookup search result
- If they don’t match, update the business name in your My account
- NOTE: If the business name entered in your My account is the ‘entity name’ in the ABN Lookup result, replace it with the ‘business name’
- Try to proceed to the next screen to submit a My account enquiry to us
- If the error message still appears, you should call us.
If you don't want to provide your personal details via My account and you don't need us to get back in touch, you can make an anonymous report.
Anonymous tip-offs help us identify workplaces that aren't doing the right thing. Reports can be made in English or other languages.
Find out more about anonymous reports.
Register for My account at the Register page.