Frequently asked questions about My account
Frequently asked questions about My account are answered here.
Got the answers you need? Go to the Register page.
- What is My account?
- I want to make an online enquiry. Why do I need to register?
- What can I enquire about?
- Why do you ask me for information?
- What information do I need to provide?
- Can I make an anonymous tip-off?
My account is our online portal that gives you the workplace help and advice you need.
With My account, you can:
- ask for our help with a workplace issue
- save personalised Pay, Shift, Leave and Notice and Redundancy results and calculations
- manage your progress in online learning courses and download certificates
- keep up-to-date with industry and award changes.
Laws about pay and conditions are different for each workplace and each job. By registering for My account, you provide us with the information we need to give you accurate advice.
As well as enjoying all the other benefits of My account, registering to make an online enquiry means:
- we can give you the advice you need more quickly (sometimes even instantly)
- the information you give us is secure
- you can save our replies to refer to later.
With My account, we can help you with enquiries about:
- workplace laws and minimum employment conditions and entitlements
- resolving a workplace issue.
There are some things we can’t help with. Find out where you can get help with:
- tax or superannuation
- bullying and harassment
- workplace health and safety
- unfair dismissal
- employment separation certificates.
Laws about pay and conditions are different for each workplace and each job.
Submitting an online enquiry takes most people around 5-10 minutes. We'll ask you questions about your situation so we can give you accurate advice.
If you need to submit an enquiry, make sure you know the following:
- business name
- Australian Business Number (ABN) - we'll help you find the ABN if you don't know it
- business address and phone number.
- name of the enterprise agreement that covers the employee, if any
- employee's occupation and main duties
- employee's start and end date (if no longer employed)
- employee's pay rate.
You don't need to send us any paperwork when you submit your enquiry. If we need evidence (for example, pay slips, time sheets and contracts) we'll ask you to send them to us later
If you don't want to provide your personal details via My account and you don't need us to get back in touch, you can make an anonymous report.
Anonymous tip-offs help us identify workplaces that aren't doing the right thing. Reports can be made in English or other languages.
Find out more about anonymous reports.