Frequently asked questions about My account
My account is our online portal that helps you get the workplace help and advice you need. This page has answers to frequently asked questions about My account.
Got the answers you need? Go to the Register page.
On this page:
With My account, you can:
- ask for our help with a workplace issue
- save personalised pay, shift, leave, and notice and redundancy results and calculations from our Pay and Conditions Tool
- keep up to date with industry and award changes.
Rules about pay and conditions are different for each workplace and each job. When you register for My account, we collect information from you so we can give you tailored advice for your situation.
When you register to make an online enquiry, you will:
- get the advice you need from us
- know that the information you give us is secure
- save our replies to refer to later
- have access to the other benefits and features of My account.
With My account, we can help you with enquiries about:
- workplace laws and minimum employment conditions and entitlements
- resolving a workplace issue.
There are some things we can’t help with. Find out where you can get help with:
- tax or superannuation
- bullying, sexual harassment and discrimination at work
- workplace health and safety
- unfair dismissal
- employment separation certificates.
Find out more about what we can and can’t help with at:
See Our commitment to you for information about what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you.
Rules about pay and conditions are different for each workplace and each job.
You must make sure the information that you provide through your My account is accurate and complete. The information we give you is based on the details you give us. Incomplete or inaccurate details may result in you getting information from us that isn’t appropriate or relevant to your circumstances.
Submitting an online enquiry takes most people around 5-10 minutes.
To submit an enquiry, you’ll need to have the following information available:
- business name
- Australian Business Number (ABN) – we'll help you find the ABN if you don't know it
- business address and phone number.
- name of the enterprise agreement, if any, that covers the employee
- employee's occupation and main duties
- employee's start and end date (if no longer employed)
- employee's pay rate.
You don't need to send us any paperwork when you submit your enquiry. If we need evidence (for example, pay slips, time sheets and contracts) we'll ask you to send them to us later
If you don't want to provide your personal details via My account and you don't need us to get back in touch, you can make an anonymous report.
Anonymous tip-offs help us identify workplaces that aren't doing the right thing. Reports can be made in English or other languages.
Find out more about anonymous reports.
Register for My account at the Register page.