Directing an employee to take annual leave
Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
If your workplace has been impacted by coronavirus, we have information about your workplace rights and obligations at Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws.
A number of temporary changes have been introduced due to coronavirus including:
An employer can only direct an employee to take annual leave in some situations. For example, when:
- the business is closed during the Christmas and New Year period
- an employee has accumulated excess annual leave.
The rules about when and if an employer can direct an employee to take annual leave is set out in awards and registered agreements.
To find out more visit:
Think a mistake might have been made?
Mistakes can happen. The best way to fix them usually starts with talking.
Check out our Help resolving workplace issues section for practical advice on:
- figuring out if a mistake has been made
- talking to your employer or employee about fixing it
- getting help from us if you can't resolve it.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 1826