As a trainee you’ll get the same entitlements as other employees, such as annual leave, sick leave, public holidays and breaks.
You also need to know about your entitlements for your training, like whether you get paid to attend training and who pays for your training fees.
There may be entitlements in awards and registered agreements that trainees don’t get.
Find information about trainee entitlements in your award by selecting from the list below.
Best practice tip
You should also check your training contract for other entitlements.
- Building, construction and on-site trades
- Contract cleaning services
- Don't know
- Hair and beauty
- Health support services
- Real estate
- Road Transport
- Social, community, disability and home care services
- Storage services and wholesale
Think a mistake might have been made?
Mistakes can happen. The best way to fix them usually starts with talking.
Check out our Help resolving workplace issues section for practical advice on:
- figuring out if a mistake has been made
- talking to your employer or employee about fixing it
- getting help from us if you can't resolve it.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 2774