Award coverage for tour guides
Tour guides offer urban or site tours and share their knowledge on certain topics, such as information about a location, cultural or historical issue.
Award coverage for tour guides depends on:
- the industry or industries their employer operates in
- the specific role and responsibilities of the employee.
Industry award coverage
An industry award covers a tour guide if:
- their employer operates in the industry defined in the award
- there's a classification which matches the employee's duties and qualifications.
For example, a tour guide may be covered by one of the following industry awards:
- Amusement Award
- Hospitality Award
- Live Performance Award
- Passenger Vehicle Award
- Racing Clubs Events Award
- Wine Award.
No industry award coverage
Tour guides not covered by an industry award are covered by the Miscellaneous Award. They’ll be classified based on their duties and qualifications.
You might also be interested in these articles
Give us feedback on this article
Use our Feedback form to give us feedback about the information in this article.
If you have a question about pay or entitlements or need our help with a workplace issue, you can submit an online enquiry.