Award coverage for body piercers
Award coverage for body piercers depends on:
- where the work is being done
- whether the work is being done in addition to the employee’s other main duties.
Body piercers in a tattoo or body piercing studio
Body piercers in a tattoo or body piercing studio are covered by the Miscellaneous Award. They'll be classified according to their duties and qualifications.
The Retail Award doesn’t cover employees doing body piercing in tattoo or body piercing studios. This is because their employer is in the retail industry but there’s no classification for an employee who mainly does body piercing work in the Retail Award.
Employees who do some body piercing in a businesses that isn’t a tattoo or body piercing studio
Many businesses provide body piercing as one of the services the business offers.
The following awards can cover employees doing body piercing in these businesses but only if they're doing the body piercing in addition to their other main duties that are covered by the award. For example:
- the Hair and Beauty Award covers beauticians piercing in a hair or beauty salon
- the Pharmacy Award covers pharmacy assistants doing body piercing in a pharmacy
- the Retail Award covers shop assistants doing body piercing in a jewellery shop.
You might also be interested in these articles
Give us feedback on this article
Use our Feedback form to give us feedback about the information in this article.
If you have a question about pay or entitlements or need our help with a workplace issue, you can submit an online enquiry.