Fair Work Information Statement
Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the FWIS) before, or as soon as possible after, they start their new job.
Employers also have to give every new casual employee a copy of the Casual Employment Information Statement (the CEIS) at the same time.
On this page:
The FWIS provides new employees with information about their conditions of employment.
You can download the Fair Work Information Statement .
The FWIS has information on:
- the National Employment Standards
- right to request flexible working arrangements
- modern awards
- making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- individual flexibility arrangements
- freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- termination of employment
- right of entry
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission.
The FWIS can be given to new employees:
- in person
- by mail
- by email
- by emailing a link to this page of our website
- by emailing a link to a copy of the FWIS available on the employer’s intranet
- by fax
- by another method.
Source reference: Fair Work Act 2009 s.125