A shiftworker is an employee who works shifts and gets an extra payment for working shift hours.
An award, enterprise agreement or other registered agreement can have a specific definition of what a shiftworker is, and what type of shifts they can work.
Find information about shiftworkers in your award by selecting from the list below.
- Building, construction and on-site trades
- Contract cleaning services
- Hair and beauty
- Health support services
- Real estate
- Road Transport
- Social, community, disability and home care services
- Storage services and wholesale
- Don't know
Think a mistake might have been made?
Mistakes can happen. The best way to fix them usually starts with talking.
Check out our Help resolving workplace issues section for practical advice on:
- figuring out if a mistake has been made
- talking to your employer or employee about fixing it
- getting help from us if you can't resolve it.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 2876