Based on what you've told us, it looks like you're covered by the Hospitality Industry (General) Award [MA000009].
Notification of rosters
An employer has to put the staff rosters in a place that full-time and part-time employees on the roster can access easily.
The rosters have to show the following information on the roster:
- the name of each employee
- the start and finish times each day they work
- the minimum break between shifts of 10 hours (or 8 hours for changeover rosters).
Changing the rosters
A full-time or part-time employee’s roster can be changed:
- at any time, if the employer and employee agree, or
- if the employer gives the employee 7 days notice.
Loaded rate arrangements
The Hospitality Award allows an employer to pay a loaded rate to a full-time adult employee classified at Level 3 or above (with some conditions applying).
For eligible full-time employees, the loaded rate replaces:
- some overtime payments
- some penalty rates (but not public holiday penalty rates for example)
- the split shift allowance when the period between shifts is between 2 and 3 hours.
Loaded rate arrangements don’t apply to part-time or casual employees. Employers need to follow certain consultation, record-keeping and dispute resolution rules.
Find out more about loaded rates at Loaded rates added to Hospitality Award.
To find out more about who this award applies to, go to the Hospitality Award summary.
Source reference: Hospitality Industry (General) Award [MA000009] clause 15.5 and 15.6