Due to the impacts coronavirus is having on the community, a number of unions and employer associations are applying to the Fair Work Commission to increase award flexibility.
This may affect the entitlements on this page.
For a list of determinations and to see if your award is affected go to Award flexibility during coronavirus
A roster is a timetable that shows the days and times employees are required to work.
When an employer wants to change an employee’s regular roster or ordinary hours of work, they have to discuss it with the employees first. They have to:
- provide information about the change (eg. what the change will be and when)
- invite employees to give their views about the impact of the change
- consider these views about the impact of the change.
Awards, enterprise agreements and other registered agreements can set out extra rules about changing rosters and how and when employees are given rosters.
Find information about rosters in your award by selecting from the list below.
- Building, construction and on-site trades
- Contract cleaning services
- Don't know
- Hair and beauty
- Health support services
- Real estate
- Road Transport
- Social, community, disability and home care services
- Storage services and wholesale
Think a mistake might have been made?
Mistakes can happen. The best way to fix them usually starts with talking.
Check out our Help resolving workplace issues section for practical advice on:
- figuring out if a mistake has been made
- talking to your employer or employee about fixing it
- getting help from us if you can't resolve it.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 2215