When on parental leave
Employees on unpaid parental leave have various entitlements:
Keeping in touch days
Visit the Keeping in touch days page to find out about:
- keeping in touch during parental leave
- how many days can be taken
- payment received on these days.
Other leave entitlements during parental leave
Check Other leave entitlements during parental leave to find out about:
- leave that can be accumulated during parental leave
- other leave that can be taken during parental leave.
Extending parental leave
Visit the Extending parental leave page to learn about:
- extending leave within the initial 12 months of parental leave
- extending leave beyond the initial 12 months
- whether a request to extend parental leave can be refused
- how an extension can affect a partner's parental leave entitlements.
Going back to work early
Visit the Going back to work early page to find out about:
- returning to work from parental leave earlier
- whether an employee can be asked to return to work earlier
- how going back to work early affects a partner's parental leave entitlements
- cancelling leave because of a still birth or infant death.
Ending employment during parental leave
Visit the Ending employment during parental leave page to learn about:
- requirements when an employee resigns while on parental leave
- whether an employer can dismiss an employee or make them redundant during parental leave
- parental leave entitlements when a business changes owners.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 1957