Record My Hours app
Sometimes employers fail to properly keep employee records. This lack of records makes it difficult for an employee, or us, to address concerns about underpayments.
We already recommend employees manually record their hours (eg. in a diary) – now we’ve made it easier to do.
Our Record My Hours app makes it quick and easy for employees to record and store the hours they work, plus other information about their employment.
Employees can retrieve this information instantly if an issue about their pay arises and be confident when discussing the issue with their employer. Users can export the data via email to save it somewhere securely, share it with their employer or even with us if they have a question about their entitlements.
Our app uses the phone’s location services and ‘geofencing’ technology to let users set their workplace location and automatically record when they start and finish work, based on their location.
Automatic recording won’t work for all job types, such as people working in places with no mobile or Wi-Fi coverage or people who travel a lot for work. Manual recording has been incorporated to cater for this.
Other functionality includes the ability to:
- add rosters to a calendar
- receive notification reminders about upcoming shifts
- take photos of information that belongs to them or they're allowed to access, like their own pay slips
- back-up information collected to iCloud or Dropbox and recover it easily
- record information about piecework arrangements – users can record information about the number of pieces achieved within a time period and use their smartphone’s location and mapping services to pinpoint any places of work.
The app is available in 12 languages.
Download the Record My Hours app at:
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 6973