Our priorities and approach
For 2020-21, our main priority is supporting workplaces through the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery phases.
Priority sectors and issues
Our priority sectors and issues for 2020-21 are:
- large corporate underpayments
- fast food, restaurants and cafés
- franchise arrangements
- sham contracting.
Our approach will be to:
- provide education, advice, tools and resources
- support small business and those sectors hardest hit by COVID-19
- uphold the integrity of the JobKeeper scheme
- prioritise vulnerable workers.
We continue to monitor compliance broadly and undertake a mix of proactive and reactive regulatory work. This includes finalising compliance activities that commenced prior to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure employees receive their lawful entitlements. We will also be responsive to the evolving needs of the community, expressed through developments in Government policy and programs, and changes to legislation or Fair Work instruments.
Download our 2020-21 Priorities and Approach (PDF 122KB)
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 8992