In late March 2021, the Fair Work Act was amended to change workplace rights and obligations for casual employees and their employers.
The changes introduce:
- a Casual Employment Information Statement (CEIS), which employers need to give all new and existing casual employees
- a definition of casual employment
- a process for casual employees to request that their small business employer convert their employment from casual to permanent (full-time or part-time).
Learn more at Changes to casual employment – industrial relations reforms.
Minimum wages and other workplace laws can and do change. As a small business owner, you’re already busy enough. That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to stay on top of any changes that affect your business or your obligations.
Keep up to date and get help by:
- registering for My account
- subscribing to email updates.
Register for My account to get personalised workplace law information at your fingertips. You'll be able to:
- use web chat to ask a quick question about workplace laws (between 8.30am – 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday)
- submit an enquiry to ask for our help with more complex questions or to sort out a workplace issue
- save results from our Pay, Shift, Leave and Notice and Redundancy Calculators.
Stay up to date by subscribing to email updates. Based on your preferences, we’ll send you emails when:
- any changes are made to pay rates and entitlements in your industry
- we’ve developed new products that could make managing your business easier
- any other relevant or important changes to your industry occur.
Subscribe to our email update service now.