Search for unpaid wages

Unclaimed money for employees

During a Fair Work Ombudsman investigation or audit, an employer may not be able to contact an employee to provide payment for their outstanding wages or entitlements. In these cases, the employer pays the money to the Commonwealth.

You can search our database below to find out if your former employer paid the Commonwealth money that was owed to you. For a successful search there needs to be a match between the employee name and the Australian Business Number (ABN) or the business name (entity name) of the former employer.

We may also contact you about unclaimed money we could have for you.

Read our privacy policy.


Step 1

Enter the employee's family name (last name), for example, Smith.

Step 2

Enter at least one of the following, the Australian Business Number (ABN) or the business name (also called entity name) of the employer

Step 3

Enter the security code shown in the text box below and click on Search
If errors are detected they will be listed above the form and the page will not reload.

Back to top

Page last updated: 10 Sep 2012