Figure 1: Compliance rates
Of the 38 businesses audited:
- 23 (61%) businesses were compliant with all requirements
- 15 (39%) businesses had at least one breach:
- 10 (26%) had breaches relating to pay rates
- three (8%) had both pay rate and pay slip / record-keeping breaches
- two (5%) had breaches relating to pay slips or record-keeping.
This means that:
- 33 (87%) businesses were compliant with pay slip and record-keeping requirements
- 25 (66%) businesses were paying their employees correctly
- $77 984.69 was recovered from nine businesses on behalf of 44 employees.