Of the 696 businesses audited:
- 516 (74%) met all requirements (see Figure 1)
- 180 (26%) had at least one error
- 86 (12%) had errors relating to pay rates
- 74 (11%) had errors relating to pay slips or record-keeping
- 20 (3%) had both pay rate and records/pay slip errors.
Figure 1: Compliance rates
This means that 602 (86%) businesses met all record-keeping and pay slip requirements and 590 (85%) businesses were paying their employees correctly. For a breakdown of the information relating to the States and Territories, see Appendix D.