The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) conducted an education and compliance campaign in the Adelaide CBD and surrounding suburbs.
Due to the high number of requests for assistance from those suburbs, a campaign was considered warranted.
Of the 125 businesses audited:
- 56 (45%) were not compliant with either monetary, record keeping or payslip requirements
- 36 (29%) were not paying their employees correctly
- 29 (23%) were not compliant with record-keeping and pay slip requirements
- $54 701 was recovered from 24 businesses on behalf of 113 employees.
The campaign resulted in the following compliance and enforcement outcomes:
- seven formal cautions
- six infringement notices were issued totalling $4500
- three compliance notices were issued to three businesses totalling $8576 on behalf of 25 employees.