New website coming soon
Published 5 October 2021
We will soon be launching our new website with an updated design and some changes to the way information is organised.
The new design and structure will make it easier for you to access the information and advice you need, when you need it, on any type of device.
While they will look different, we’re not changing the content or functionality of most tools and resources, including our Pay and Conditions Tool.
On this page find information about:
- what you can do to prepare
- new website design
- new design for our Pay and Conditions Tool
- updated structure
- changes to My account.
You don’t need to do anything to prepare for our new website.
Most pages you have bookmarked in your browser will be redirected to their new location if the page has moved. If you can’t find a page you’re looking for, simply use our site search, available at the top of every page.
You can also:
- preview the new design by visiting Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- subscribe to email updates and we’ll let you know when our new website is live
- register for My account for personalised workplace information, help and advice.
The updates to our site are based on customer feedback, research and best practice to help you easily find the information you need on our website.
The website will also be easy to use and navigate on a wide range of devices, including mobile and tablets.
Preview the new look
We’ve already applied the new design to coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au. To check out the design, head to Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws.
Our Pay and Conditions Tool will also be updated with the new design. How you use it won’t change. You can still find wages and penalty rates, calculate leave, and work out entitlements when employment ends.
We’re re-organising some of our information and resources into clearer, simpler pathways to help you find the information you need quicker.
We’re also re-organising existing information to create 2 new sections:
This new section will bring together information and resources for employers and employees before or at the start of the employment relationship. It will include information about:
- hiring employees
- before starting employment
- types of employees (for example, full-time, part-time, casual, shiftworkers)
- unpaid work (for example, work experience, trials and student placements).
Image: Starting employment section
Designed for people looking for information about employment conditions for current employees, this section will bring together information on topics such as:
- awards and agreements
- hours of work (including breaks, rosters and RDOs)
- public holidays
- flexible working arrangements
- discrimination, bullying and harassment
- workers compensation
- industrial action and union membership
- performance in the workplace.
Image: Employment conditions section
You’ll notice some changes to My account, including:
- an updated design to match the rest of the website
- a new address – your bookmarks will be redirected to the new address when it goes live
- replacing the We recommend section with an enhanced My account homepage with recommended information and resources based on your profile.
There will be some more changes to come. We will email My account users soon with more information about this, including what you’ll need to do to update your login details.