Free tools and support for businesses reopening
Published 15 November 2021 | Updated 3 December 2021
We have free tools to help employers reopen their businesses. We also have a support service that gives free advice about pay and entitlement issues.
On this page:
Interactive employer tool
We've updated our Returning to the workplace – interactive employer tool to help you get your businesses back up and running again.
The tool gives tailored information on scaling up operations as restrictions ease. We’ve updated it to include:
- guidance on managing COVID-19 vaccinations in the workplace
- advice on how to best communicate and consult with staff
- information on other business support services, such mental health support.
Checklist for small businesses
Our new ‘Return to work checklist’ helps small business employers make sure they’ve got key issues covered when bringing employees back to the workplace.
Our easy-to-use checklist helps small business employers:
- check the COVID-19 restrictions or public health orders that apply
- find guidance on how best to talk with employees
- change employees’ working arrangements if needed.
Access the checklist now at Tools and resources during coronavirus.
Our Small Business Showcase is a virtual hub for small business employers with tailored resources and workplace information most relevant to you. It’s designed so you can quickly and easily get information and resources about your workplace responsibilities.
Whatever stage your business is at, we have all key issues and topics covered. This includes:
- hiring employees and creating an employment contract
- paying wages
- handling employee requests (such as leave)
- keeping accurate records.
Visit our Small Business Showcase now.
Our Employer Advisory Service (EAS) gives eligible small business employers free tailored written advice about pay and entitlements.
The EAS can help you make informed decisions about employee entitlements and other workplace issues, including:
- entitlements under the National Employment Standards
- award or enterprise agreement provisions
- pay slip and recording keeping obligations.
Learn more about the EAS and see if you’re eligible at Employer Advisory Service.
We also have our other free tools to help you:
- Pay and Conditions Tool – our calculator that lets you check award minimum pay rates and leave balances
- Online learning centre – free and quick online courses that employers can use to build their understand of workplace laws
- Templates – free and easy-to-use templates to help you hire workers, manage your staff or end employment in the workplace.