Based on what you've told us, it looks like you're covered by the Building and Construction General On-site Award [MA000020].
Full-time employees can accumulate 1 paid RDO during a roster period of 4 weeks. They are entitled to 13 RDOs per year when they work a 20 day cycle continuously for 12 months.
During a 4 week cycle of 20 days (5 days each week), an employee will work 8 hours per day for 19 days, and has 1 paid RDO.
Employees take their RDO:
- on the same or different days during the 20 day 4 week cycle based on a written roster set by the employer and given to them 7 days before the cycle starts, or
- as agreed in writing between the employer and the majority of employees.
RDOs can't be taken on a public holiday.
Check the Building and Construction Award for information on:
- arranging how to bank RDO
- substituting a RDO for another day
- RDOs for shiftworkers in civil construction.
Rostered days off for part-time employees
Part-time employees can accumulate RDOs on a pro rata basis or be paid for all hours they work instead of accumulating any RDOs.
To find out more about who this award applies to, go to the Building and Construction Award summary.
Source reference: Building and Construction General On-site Award [MA000020] clause 33