Working with us you will work in the Australian Public Service and contribute to the community. In return for your commitment, we offer a range of personal and financial benefits to ensure the best outcome for your career and wellbeing.
Broad range of work
We offer a range of working areas at the FWO including work in:
- Dispute Resolution and Compliance
- Advice, Support and Assistance
- Proactive Compliance and Education
- Policy, Media and Communications
- Information Technology
- Major Project Management
- Finance, Research and Governance
More information these areas can be found under Key People.
Diversity and inclusion
We respect and value the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to creating an environment that values a diverse range of views, knowledge and experiences and uses these to maximise our service delivery.
Our vision for diversity includes:
- creating employment and career opportunities that are free from barriers
- promoting our commitment to sustainable and flexible careers
- supporting and maintaining open and transparent communication channels
- making the best use of the diverse talents of our people through robust workforce planning and talent management initiatives
- actively supporting the careers and cultural needs of our employees.
We are committed to ending domestic and family violence by raising awareness of, and supporting employees experiencing domestic and family violence.
We provide a supportive environment for breastfeeding women and have been accredited by the Australian Breastfeeding Association as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace since 2011.
Your work-life balance
Work-life balance is about adjusting your day-to-day activities to achieve a sense of balance between work life and personal life. Some ways we help to bring a work-life balance to our staff include:
- flexible working hours
- part-time employment options
- purchased leave
- accumulation of flex time
- generous leave entitlements.
Rewarding your contribution
When employed with us, your employment terms and conditions are covered by the Fair Work Ombudsman Enterprise Agreement 2019 - 2022 (PDF 1.5MB).
The conditions we offer are generous and wages are highly competitive.
You will also enjoy a superannuation contribution of 15.4% of your base salary. This can be to a super fund of your choice or you can join the Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan
Opportunities to learn and grow are key to a long and rewarding career and there are many ways you can expand your skills with us. Ongoing professional development may include:
- induction programs
- generous study assistance
- professional learning and development
- structured mentoring programs.
Your health and safety is our priority and we offer a variety of initiatives to support your wellbeing. These include:
- free and confidential counselling to you and your immediate family when needed
- workstation assessment
- annual flu vaccinations.
What to do next
- Search for current vacancies on our Careers page
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 2369