Our services over the Christmas and New Year period
Published 18 December 2020
Our call centre will be open over the Christmas and New Year period with reduced staff. Our services will resume as normal from Monday, 4 January 2021.
Phone and online enquiries
Over the Christmas and New Year period, our call centres will be open on:
- Thursday, 24 December – 8:00am – 12:30pm (Local time)
- Tuesday, 29 December – 9:00am – 4:30pm (AEDST)
- Wednesday, 30 December – 9:00am – 4:30pm (AEDST)
- Thursday, 31 December – 9:00am – 4:30pm (AEDST).
There may be an increased wait time if you call us during this time.
Our call centre will be closed on the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day public holidays.
Our My account service will be available during this period. You can use your My account to:
- view your existing enquiries and responses
- make a new enquiry
- save Pay, Leave, and Notice and Redundancy Calculator results
- manage your subscriptions preferences
- save your progress and download completion certificates from our Online learning centre courses.
Please note we will respond to new enquiries after 4 January.
Don’t have a My account? Login or register now.
You can continue to submit anonymous reports or feedback during the holiday period.
Browse our website to find the answer to your workplace question. Some of our popular topics and tools include:
Coronavirus and workplace laws
Check our coronavirus website for workplace entitlements and obligations during coronavirus, including for JobKeeper and pay and leave issues. You can also use our virtual assistant, Frankie, to help you find the information you need.
Pay rates, leave and redundancy entitlements
Find pay rates and leave and redundancy entitlements using our Pay and Conditions Tool.
Awards and agreements
Use Find my award to find your award.
If you think you’re covered by an agreement, find yours by going to the Fair Work Commission website – Find an agreement .
Resolving a workplace issue
If you have an issue in the workplace, we have advice and resources to help you resolve it. Resolving a problem at work often begins with understanding what rules and entitlements apply and then having a conversation about it.
You can use our tailored online resources to help you:
- Guide to resolving workplace issues – our practical step-by-step guide to finding the right workplace information you need and having an effective conversation in the workplace
- Online learning centre – free, short and easy online training courses covering how to have a difficult conversation in the workplace and give you the tips and right advice to do so.
Tools and resources
Check out our Templates and guides page for downloadable and interactive templates on topics like directions to take annual leave over a holiday shutdown.
Visit our Library to find more technical information that we use when giving advice to you over the phone.
Go to our Public holidays page for information on entitlements and obligations about public holidays over the Christmas and New Year period.
The staff at the Fair Work Ombudsman would like to wish you a safe and happy festive season.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
Page reference No: 9872