Working with us, you will work in the Australian Public Service and contribute to the community. In return for your commitment, we offer a range of personal and financial benefits to ensure the best outcome for your career and wellbeing.
On this page:
We offer a range of working areas at the FWO including work in:
- Customer services and advice
- Enforcement and compliance
- Stakeholder engagement
- Corporate services
- Intelligence, reporting and data analysis
More information about these areas can be found under Our people.
We respect and value the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to creating an environment that values a diverse range of views, knowledge and experiences and uses these to maximise our service delivery.
Our vision for diversity includes:
- creating employment and career opportunities that are free from barriers
- promoting our commitment to sustainable and flexible careers
- supporting and maintaining open and transparent communication channels
- making the best use of the diverse talents of our people through robust workforce planning and talent management initiatives
- actively supporting the careers and cultural needs of our employees.
We are committed to ending domestic and family violence by raising awareness of, and supporting employees experiencing domestic and family violence.
We are proud to be named as an inclusive employer 2021-2022. This achievement recognises that we are active and committed to inclusion, and are above the Australian workforce average in the Diversity Council Australia’s Inclusion@Work Index.
We provide a supportive environment for breastfeeding women and have been accredited by the Australian Breastfeeding Association as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace since 2011.
Work-life balance is about adjusting your day-to-day activities to achieve a sense of balance between work life and personal life. Some ways we help to bring a work-life balance to our staff include:
- flexible working hours
- part-time employment options
- purchased leave
- accumulation of flex time
- generous leave entitlements.
When employed with us, your employment terms and conditions are covered by the Fair Work Ombudsman Enterprise Agreement 2019 - 2022.
The conditions we offer are generous and wages are highly competitive.
You will also enjoy a superannuation contribution of 15.4% of your base salary. This can be to a super fund of your choice or you can join the Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan
Opportunities to learn and grow are key to a long and rewarding career and there are many ways you can expand your skills with us. Ongoing professional development may include:
- induction programs
- generous study assistance
- professional learning and development
- structured mentoring programs.
Your health and safety is our priority and we offer a variety of initiatives to support your wellbeing. These include:
- free and confidential counselling to you and your immediate family when needed
- workstation assessment
- annual flu vaccinations.