In this section you’ll find tools, templates and advice to help you understand the Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010 [MA000029] (Joinery Award).
Am I covered by the Joinery Award?
See clause 4 of the Joinery Award for a detailed definition of the industries and jobs that are covered by the award.
Further information for your business
Have a look at the My Business page for general information about your responsibilities as an employer, including:
- key things you need to know
- information for new employers
- information about managing employees and resolving disputes
- information about record keeping and pay slips
- template records and letters to save you time
- links to resources including fact sheets and the Fair Work Information Statement
- Best Practice Guides to help you manage your employees
- contact information for key government agencies that can help you.
Tailored advice from your employer association or union
If you’re a member of an employer association or union, you can contact them for individually tailored information about your obligations and entitlements. You can find a list of employer associations and unions in your industry on the Registered Organisations page.
Fair Work Building and Construction
Fair Work Building and Construction (FWBC) monitors and promotes standards of conduct in the building industry.
FWBC also provides information about the Building Code 2013 . The Code establishes minimum standards that businesses have to meet to be eligible to take on certain building and construction projects funded by the Australian Government.
To find out whether your business comes within FWBC’s jurisdiction , visit FWBC’s website or call them on 1800 003 338.