Can I change the part-time agreement?

You and your part-time employee can change the agreed hours of work, as long as all of the changes are agreed to by both you and your employee.

Any changes to the hours in the original agreement need to be recorded in writing before they can occur. You can use the template part-time hours of work agreement/variation form below. You should keep a copy of any agreement variations and provide your clerical employees with a copy.

You can change the days of work by giving the employee 1 week’s notice in advance of the changes being made.

Back to top

Page last updated: 16 Sep 2010