In this section you’ll find tools, templates, examples and advice to help you understand the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010 [MA000020] (Building and Construction Award).
Am I covered by the Building and Construction Award?
See clause 4.10 of the Building and Construction Award for a detailed definition of the work that is included in the general building and construction, civil, metal and engineering construction industry.
Further information for your business
Have a look at the My Business page for general information about your responsibilities as an employer, including:
- key things you need to know
- information for new employers
- information about managing employees and resolving disputes
- information about record keeping and pay slips
- template records and letters to save you time
- links to resources including fact sheets and the Fair Work Information Statement
- Best Practice Guides to help you manage your employees
- contact information for key government agencies that can help you.
Tailored advice from your employer association or union
If you’re a member of an employer association or union, you can contact them for individually tailored information about your obligations and entitlements. You can find a list of employer associations and unions in your industry on our Registered Organisations page.
Fair Work Building & Construction
Fair Work Building & Construction (FWBC) monitors and promotes standards of conduct in the building industry. FWBC has the main responsibility for advising, investigating, auditing and educating about a range of workplace matters in the commercial building and construction industry.
FWBC also provides information about the Building Code 2013 . The Code establishes minimum standards that businesses have to meet to be eligible to take on certain building and construction projects funded by the Australian Government.
To find out whether your business comes within the FWBC’s jurisdiction , visit FWBC’s website or call them on 1800 003 338.