Email us with your enquiry outside of business hours. We’ll respond to your enquiry within 5 business days.
For assistance during business hours (8am – 5.30pm AEST, Monday to Friday) please call us on 13 13 94.
What you can email us about
You can email us for information on:
- Australian workplace relations laws
- minimum employment conditions and entitlements
- how we can help if you are trying to resolve a workplace issue.
There are certain areas of employment law that we can’t provide information on. Visit these pages to find out where to get assistance:
For information on separation certificates, visit the Department of Human Services website
Before you email us
Our website has a lot of useful information. Before you email us, it’s a good idea to search our website for information on:
- Pay - visit our Minimum wages page, use PayCheck Plus to calculate most pay rates or check out our Pay guides for a summary of pay rates, allowances and common penalty rates
- Leave - visit our Leave page or use our Leave calculator to work out annual and sick leave entitlements
- Ending employment - visit our Notice and final pay page for what employees are entitled to when employment ends.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on our website, you can email us with your enquiry below.
Information you need when emailing us
In order to best assist you, we’ll need you to fill out the mandatory fields in the email us form. If you are unsure, here are some tips to find the information:
- check pay slips
- discuss with your employee or employer
- search for the Australian Business Number (ABN) using ABN lookup
If you have an account with us, Log in to your account and make an enquiry online.
Don’t have an account with us? You can Register today to save time saving information and tailoring your visits when on our website and when you call us.
We need the answers to the questions below so that we can give you accurate and relevant information
about your rights and obligations. If you can’t answer all of the required questions we may only
be able to give you general information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. When you subscribe to email alerts we only use your personal information to send email alerts about the topics you have subscribed to. For more information, go to the Privacy page.
Help for small business
- Contact the small business helpline for quick and easy access to our advisers and workplace relations information. Call the helpline on 13 13 94 and press option 3
- Find tools, resources and information you might need on our Small business page.
Want to save this information for later?
If you might need to read this information again, save it for later so you can access it quickly and easily.
You might also be interested in
Page reference No: 1502